Re-think Circular Economy Forum Milan 2022 is designed to present a vision on macro-trends, possible evolutionary paths, and main projects concerning the Circular Economy both on a national and international level.
The event will take place on the 10th of February 2022 at the Milan Chamber of Commerce – Palazzo Turati – and on the 11th of February 2022 at Triennale Milano. You could attend the event in person or follow it online.
The main purpose of the event is to stimulate the birth and development of innovative and entrepreneurial activities that could have a positive impact on our local and national economic system.
The first day of the event will be held mainly in Italian, with some speeches in English, while the second day of the event will be held entirely in English.
Over the two days, there will be corporates, startups, research bodies, and institutional actors who, at different levels, are carrying out and supporting projects on the Circular Economy.
Some of the companies and organisations currently confirmed for the event are the Municipality of Milan, the European Commission, ATM, Esselunga, the Milan Chamber of Commerce, Regione Lombardia, A2A, EPM, Lightyear, Unisg, Caviro Extra, Rifò, Bicocca University, Coffeeform, LIUC – Cattaneo University, PlantaRei, Manteco, Candiani, Circle Economy, University of TU Delft, Pistoletto Foundation, Enel, University for the Creative Arts, Utrecht University, Danish Design Center, Lightyear.
The Milan event will be focused on 5 main macro-topics :
• Agri-food: Insight into regenerative and 4.0 farming practices, new forms of ‘indoor’ and ‘vertical’ cultivation, sustainable ways of food preservation and distribution, waste reduction and ‘alternative’ proteins;
• Textiles & Fashion: Insight in existing circular and sustainable materials and practices in the textile industry that aims to preserve product value through recovery, recycling, and regeneration, reducing waste and optimising resources;
• Cities: Insight in existing urban contexts organised circularly through the presentation of current projects and possible development trends with a focus on smart cities, mobility, bicycles & waste, urban water, and air;
• Materials: Insight into the Circular Materials that are becoming increasingly widespread, emerging developments in the reuse and regeneration of materials and possible trends for the future with a focus on Design and Construction;
• Technologies: Insight into emerging technologies and possible trends that overturn the concept of waste and optimize the use of resources on AI, IoT, Blockchain, and digital applications to the Circular Economy.
The event is organised in collaboration with Esselunga, the Consulate General of the Netherlands in Milan, ATM, Teads, Camera di commercio Milano Monza Brianza Lodi, ALMED , Fondazione Pistoletto, EPM, Interreg Mediterranean Green Growth, A2A and has received the patronage from: Ministry of Ecological Transition, European Commission, Regione Lombardia, Comune di Milano, ASviS, AISOM, LIUC – Cattaneo University, University of Gastronomic Sciences and University of Milan-Bicocca. The media partners of the event are Adnkronos, Greenplanner, Materia Rinnovabile, SmartGreen Post and SmartRicicla.
In compliance with the new provisions introduced at a national level, for those who will physically attend the event, it will be mandatory to show the Super Green Pass at the entrance. In addition, the use of masks is required during the two-day event to ensure the health and safety of all participants and workers.